10 Questions You Should Ask Before Booking a Moving Company
Did you know that there are over 430 different moving companies in Northern Virginia ALONE! The reason why the moving industry is so oversaturated is because there are a lot of misconceptions about moving in general. On one hand, the process appears to be simple but, for most people, they only move a handful of times in their entire lives. You only get so many chances to do it the right way the first time.
The question is, with so many options available (some of which are good and some of which are…not so good), how can you be sure that you’ve made the right choice when picking a moving company? Here are ten tips, tricks and things to consider:
- Is your mover licensed, bonded and insured?
- Did your moving company offer a free, in home consultation?
- Is your moving company actually a brokerage?
- Does your moving company have a positive reputation? What have been the experiences of past customers?
- Does your moving company offer competitive rates that are consistent with the promises that they make?
- How experienced are your moving company’s crews?
- Does your moving company have an organized, in house coordination staff?
- Is your moving company a full service moving company? How many different services do they offer?
- Does your moving company take measures to protect the structural integrity of the homes that they’re moving into and out of?
- Does your company maintain contact after taking your deposit